Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

I have a B200 error on my printer .I have tried to switch of

I have a B200 error on my printer .I have tried to switch of and on but no success.

Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you tell me the make and model of the printer please?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is a canon MP510

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you Keith

The B200 error is a Voltage High Error.

There are a number of causes for this, and we will try to resolve them with the below steps.

Confirm that the printer is powered on and open the paper output tray.

Lift the scanning unit (printer cover) completely. (The print head will move to the replacement position.)

Note: When the scanning unit (printer cover) is opened more than ten minutes, the print head moves to the right side. If this occurs, close the scanning unit (printer cover), and open it again.

Open the inner cover.

Remove the ink tanks by pressing the tab of each tank.

Caution: Handle the ink tanks with care so that your clothes and surrounding area do not get soiled. Make sure to remove the ink tanks one by one.

Raise the print head lock lever.

Tilt the print head slightly towards the front of the machine and lift out gently.

Print head nozzles , electrical contacts , or ink supply ports

Place the print head in the print head holder and lower the print head lock lever carefully until you hear a click.

Insert ink tanks into the print head.

Note : Press the mark on the ink tank firmly until you hear a click.

Ensure that all the ink tanks are installed properly and the ink tank lamps light red.

Close the inner cover and the scanning unit (printer cover).

Caution: When closing the scanning unit (printer cover), be careful not to jam fingers.

Note: The next printing begins, the print head cleaning will begin automatically.

Let me know if it then functions please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The Print head is not moving to middle of printer to allow me to remove cartridges

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
ok, remove the power, wait 2 minutes the put the power back in.

Does it then move to the middle Keith?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No it does not move

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.

Then the Voltage error is on the main board of the printer Keith, it would have blown a component when the fuse went, due to a power surge.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have the board replaced (though usually they will swap out the entire printer as this is cheaper). It is a known problem, and is covered by the warranty, with the replacement performed at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Richard, Camera Repair
Experience: Camera Repairman