Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

I have a Canon MX430 printer. When I print you cannot read

Customer Question

I have a Canon MX430 printer. When I print you cannot read the print because it is out of align. How do I align the printer?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Here's how you order the printer to do the alignment:

1. Press SETUP button, and use the < and > buttons to select MAINTENANCE, then press OK.

2. use the < and > buttons to select HEAD ALIGNMENT, then press OK.

3. the print head alignment sheet will be printed. It should look like this:

4. when you are asked whether it printed out OK, answer honestly (i.e. if it didn't, answer 'No'). Then if the answer is 'Yes', put the sheet just printed upon the scanner glass, with the printed sign down, and align the black trefoil on one corner with the Arrow mark as shown:

5. Close the document cover over the sheet, then press the Black or the Color button.

The printer will align automatically by scanning the sheet.

If the sheet just won't print properly, then you can do the alignment the long way, or 'manually'. Let me know whether you'd like to know how to do it that way. Thanks.