Nick H.
Nick H., Hobbyist
Experience:  Working with Digital Cameras for the last 5 years.
63271161

Hi, I have a Canon Ixus 120IS camera and I cannot download

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Canon Ixus 120IS camera and I cannot download any photos from it! I used to put in a Canon disc and after some while an application would appear on screen. For some reason, that is not happening anymore so in case my disc drive is not working properly, is there some way of downlaoding the appropriate software please? Many thanks for your help.
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, and thanks for your question. My name is Nick and I will help you today.

You are downloading the correct software. However, the file is in ZIP file. You will have to unzip the file and then run setup.

Please CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD 7 ZIP software. After installed 7 zip, unzip the ImageBrowser file and run setup. You will be able to manage/view your photos on your Canon camera.

If this method did not work or you need more help, please reply back to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service. Thank you!

Nick

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Well, I've successfully managed to download Norton Security and something called MySearchdial, neither of which I wanted!! But I still cannot open that file! Anyway, why would it be in Word when it should be some kind of applciation with a shortcut on my desktop? I'm sory ot be such an idiot but so far, no good...

Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.
Sue-Anne,

Did you install 7zip program yet? When you download the Imagebrowser file from Canon website, what is the file type was the file in?

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD IMAGEBROWSER again.

The file should be ibxw-inst-1-1-0-18-u02-9l.zip Use 7zip or Winzip program to unzip and install setup.

Nick
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The Zip Opener Setup Wizard is what loaded the other Norton and Mysearchdial programmes I do not want! The file you stipulate is the one I have but it's a Word file and unreadable. I don't know how to get the Zip Openener to make it readable.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The file converter says Select the encoding that makes your document readable.

Text encoding:

Windows Default (which doesn't work)

MS-DOS

Other encoding

Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.
Sue-Anne,

Please RIGHT CLICK on the zip file and select Open with. Then select 7-zip program and click Open.

Or you can open 7-zip program. Select File->Open and select your downloaded zip file. Then extract and run Setup.

Nick
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK Nick, I definitely got further than previously because it opened the file - thank you - and would have upgraded my ZoombrowserEx application except that it could not detect my camera ... which may be my original problem because normally it just opens up by itself (after I put the Canon disc in) and downloads the photos. I think I probably need to take the camera connections in to be seen by someone...

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Nick, I really must get rid of this Mysearchdial which downloaded with the ZipOpener - please can you help?

Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Sue-Anne,

Please go to Control Panel->Programs and Features (Windows Vista or 7) or select Add / Remove Program. Select Mysearchdial and click Uninstall.

For the Camera, please connect it to ANOTHER USB port on your computer. See if your computer will see the camera to open your pictures.

Nick
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I already tried the Uninstall route. It's gone from the list but it's still hijacking my home page! I also googled it and went into Tools, then AddOns then Extensions and removed it from there too but STILL I can't get it off my homepage!

As for the camera, I went to a camera shop, bought a card-reader at their behest and problem solved. I don't know why it wouldn't detect my camera when it was plugged in... thanks for trying.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your update.

For the program, you can try to System Restore. Go to Start->All Programs->Accessories->System Tools->System Restore. Select the date for Yesterday or 2-3 days back.

After restore, your system will no longer have the ads or redirecting problem. Usually FREE software now come with other ads. I am sorry for any inconvenience.

Nick
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What else will I lose besides the MySearchDial virus?

Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Sue-Anne,

Your data will be safe. Only affect any programs got installed AFTER the date and time.

Nick