Freddy M.
Freddy M., IT Technician
Experience:  Years of experience.
15852642

I need to re-load the software for my Canon PowerShot A720

I need to re-load the software for my Canon PowerShot A720 IS and do not have the original disc - can I get a replacement?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
All the software and drivers for this camera can be downloaded here: Click Here

Under the picture click on software and drivers.
Then click on drivers to expand it, and then the same for software.
Everything that was on the disc will be listed there.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Still not working

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
What is not working?
All I have is you asking for a CD which I gave you everything off of.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have downloaded the info you sent but still cannot get my pc to get the images from the camera

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Ok you never mentioned that before, you do not need any of that software to do that.
The driver is built into windows and mac, what version of windows or mac is on your computer?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

windows vista home premium

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Click on start and then on computer.
In the window that opens what do you see?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Vista (c:)

DVD RW Drive (E:)

My Web Sites o MSN

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Disconect and reconnect the camera does anything new show up?
Even without the software it should show up here at least as a lettered drive.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no change to above

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Ok that could mean the cable is failing then as it should show up no matter what.
To check this you would need to try another cable, most cameras use the same cable so if you have another you could try that.
Another way to test would be to try it on a different computer and see if it is detected.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

tried 3 compatable cables but no change

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Can you test with another computer as well?
That way we will know if it is the computer, or if the port on the camera has failed.
Even borrowing a neighbors laptop just to see if it shows up would work.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I unplugged my mouse and put the camera into that port - now have

Canon PowerShot A720 IS on that list too! Does that mean its the port that is faulty?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
It does indeed unfortunately mean the port has failed.
If you do not have another port you can get a usb hub: Click Here

This hub will turn your working mouse port into four ports.
If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know.
If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Freddy M., IT Technician
Experience: Years of experience.