Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

Looks like the pcb in my 5d mk2 isnt working as i have no power

Customer Question

Looks like the pcb in my 5d mk2 isnt working as i have no power going to either of the lcds and cannot record an image. The red light at the side of the wheel at the rear is working when i put in the card and also when i try to record an image.
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

How old is the camera? in months or years since you bought it.

Has the camera been dropped or otherwise subjected to mechanical shock(s) in its lifetime?
Has the camera been operated in or subjected to, temperatures below 32 degrees F (freezing point) or above about 100 degrees F ?
Has it ever been subjected to a humidity higher than 85 % ? or gotten wet?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The camera is 4 years and has always been well looked after no humidity or moisture and with english weather never at either extreme temperatures.

How old is the least-old battery that you have tried in the camera so far?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The camera is on it's way to get repaired by a company that gave me an estimate on the same facts that I have supplied. They are going to repair pcb and service charging £120 and I need it before Christmas. When I would've answered your questions it probably would be Christmas, and still at the same junction, not being detrimental just pragmatic Thanks all the same..

If the matter is settled by some means, I am glad enough of that. Thanks for letting me know.