Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

I recently purchased a new computer which has Windows 8 as

Customer Question

I recently purchased a new computer which has Windows 8 as the operating system. I have a Canon camera and have been using A Selphy ES30 Printer which worked fine with Windows 7. My new computer will not let me download the required printer driver for Windows 8. Any suggestions how I can install the required driver for Windows 8. Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX

Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I do not advise using Driver Manager - they will not be able to help with a problem like this, where the manufacturer themselves cannot provide the driver for Windows 8.

I advise that you try going to
Start - Control Panel - (Devices and) Printers

and use the Add Printers function to try seeing what drivers you have on your Windows 8 computer for Selphy printers... there might be one that is close to your current model, enough to be compatible, if not identical to your model # XXXXX

Let me know what happens, and what you find out.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have tried this before with no success. What you are suggesting is an obvious first step that most people would try. I do not want to take this question any further and would like a full refund of my £15. I will contact Dell about this problem.

Thanks for your attention.