Freddy M.
Freddy M., IT Technician
Experience:  Years of experience.
15852642

power shot 810, one year old. Second set of batteries put in

Customer Question

power shot 810, one year old. Second set of batteries put in but keeps showing battery discharged.Battery condition checked and good. Changed batteries to second manufacture, still getting the same after the first shot. Again checked batteries and good voltage. Checked terminals which appear to be ok
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Hello my name is Freddy. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
The brand should not matter all that much, what type of batteries are they? Are they alkaline for example?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Set removed were aerocel mignon 1.5. second set were Sony new ultra heavy duty carbon zinc R6 1.5. Cannot see Alkaline on the battery or the pack

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
The aerocel mignon 1.5 are alkaline which will not provide enough constant power for this camera and neither will the carbon zinc. The carbon zinc is actually a little worse than the alkaline for that. Please try a set of Lithium batteries and let me know if the same thing happens. Here is an example they will say lithium on them. Let me know the results once you have tested them please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok thanks will do

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
You're welcome. Let me know the results when you can so we can continue if needed.
If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.