Nick H.
Nick H., Hobbyist
Experience:  Working with Digital Cameras for the last 5 years.
63271161

My olympus camera is showing write protected even if change

Customer Question

My olympus camera is showing write protected even if change the card for a new one
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.

Hello, and thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you today.

This means the memory card is fine. The internal memory might be full. Please remove your memory card out. Then reset the camera. Or delete any internal photos. Then turn off. Insert memory card in. Turn on and test again.

One more thing: You might want to Format the memory card using your camera and try to shoot. See if the error will come up again or not.

If that did not work, please reply when and where did you purchase your camera. And the model of your camera. Thank you!

Nick

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Nick

I tried what you said and it did not sort it.

Make of camera is Olympus VR-340

I tried reforming the card in the camera but where it shows the word format it is not highlighted to select. It only comes up with write protected when the card is in -it does not show it when the card is out.

The camera was bought from a camera shop in the precinct in Los Christianos in Tenerife in November this year

hope this info helps.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Roy.

Please remove battery and SD card from camera. Wait for 5 minutes. Put them back and turn camera on.

If the error is still there, your camera might have a problem with SD card reader slot. Please go to Olympus website and contact Support to have it sent in for repairs. Usually this will take about 5-10 business days.

Nick