Richard, Technician
Experience:  10+ yrs. experience working on all forms of electronics and cameras both film and digital.
46422908

i have a cannon eos 650d and everything is working perfect

Customer Question

i have a cannon eos 650d and everything is working perfect but the screen will no iluminate any idea of the cause cheers terry
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Hi. My nsme is Rick and I am a digital camera professional.

I would behappy to help you find the cause of your problem.

Lets remove the battery from the camera and then press and hold the power (on/off) button for 1 minute. Than release the button, put a fully charged battery back in and see if it fixes it. . While you have the battery out clean the terminals in the compartment and also remove the storage card if you have one in the camera. You may also want to change the card if you have another one.

Let me know how it goes
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no that has had no affect this camera dosent have a press and hold on off button it is on a swich on or off ihave cleaned thje battrey terminals but have had no change cheers terry

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
You could slide and hold the switch and it would have the same effect as pushing and holding a button.
When you had the screen changed did it have any affect at all?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no and the shop that changed the screen said that they could not see anything wrong with the old one terry

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Ok thanks Terry. When the reset does not help this and changing the screen does not help that only leaves one cause for this and that is the main control board. The circuit on this board for the screen disply, has gone bad and the only cure is to have the board changed. This is why even changing the screen did not help. To have the board changed would cost you about $125 over here so I am sure it would be about the same in the UK. If by chance your camera is less than 1 year old Canon would do it under the warranty.
Sorry for the bad news but if I can help further on this please let me know.