Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

Fuji fine pix v10 Do not focus on auto focus screen unclear

Customer Question

Fuji fine pix v10 Do not focus on auto focus screen unclear bring slight on manual focus works ok. [email protected]
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

How old is the camera? in months or years since you bought it.

Has the camera been dropped or otherwise subjected to mechanical shock(s) in its lifetime?
Has the camera been operated in or subjected to, temperatures below 32 degrees F (freezing point) or above about 100 degrees F ?
Has it ever been subjected to a humidity higher than 85 % ? or gotten wet?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sorry I explained it wrong it s when I bring zoom back a little it clears screen. I bought camera on Internet 2years ago brand new in box working perfect untill now.The answer is no to other querying.My last old camera which was same make after many happy years had same fault
Clearing of the screen of the camera, when zoom is maxed out / at maximum, and is reduced ('drawn back')... that could mean that you are using digital zoom, and the processing involved is too much for the camera.

Are you using digital zoom? if not... well, if not, then how old is the battery that you are using at present, in the camera? as old as the camera?

That the camera is the same make as one that previously had the same fault, shows that this model has a parallel tendency to the problem, not that you are inducing the problem somehow, I think. The fact that you have taken good care of your camera, also, attests to it being in all likelihood a problem with this model's manufacture.