Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

I was given the IXUS 255HS as a present after my previous ixus

Customer Question

I was given the IXUS 255HS as a present after my previous ixus gave up the ghost for some reason, leaving me unhappy with Canon to the extent that I was looking at a new camera, but given how little use my previous ixus had had, I was studied with Canon vowing NEVER to buy Canon again. Unfortunately, someone else did. However I accepted this as a gift but what I can't seem to find out it whether or not the new IXUS 255HS, is suitable for use with my SELPHY CP530 photo printer!

Can you help.

I should say that I was trying to find a suitable Samsung Camera. My cell phone is a Samsung Galaxy which, not long after getting this, it had to be sent back to them for various technical issues. It came back to me minus a part, which they VERY swiftly sent on to me. Not only did this impress me but, as my cell has a decent camera on it, about two weeks later, a package arrived at my home. This was a letter of apology from the, ASST CEO OF CUSTOMER SUPPORT, asking me to accept the enclosed Samsung photo printer which was Bluetooth compatible, and would allow me to print off any photographs taken on my cell phone. I am sure you can understand just WHY I was looking for a Samsung Camera. When an organisation looks after its customers in such a manner, okay the printer was nothing to the Company, but to me, I was very impressed indeed.

I look forward too hearing from you as to whether or not my current SELPHY CP530, is compatible with my new, shiny IXUS 255HS.

Kindest regards,

Scott M Grierson
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I regret that your case waited so long for a response; I will do what I can to provide the right answer to your question.

...whether or not the new IXUS 255HS, is suitable for use with my SELPHY CP530 photo printer!

What would you consider suitable use?
If you download the pictures from the camera to a computer, and print from the computer to the Selphy, that ought to be just fine, really (other things being equal or equable.)
If you want to connect directly and print directly from the camera to the Selphy printer, that might be a different matter. Is that the 'suitable use' that you are asking about, or is it some other form of use?

As for the matter of preserving the life and function of the IXUS camera... it's a matter of never, ever, having to honestly say 'yes' to any of the following questions:
Has the camera been dropped or otherwise subjected to mechanical shock(s) in its lifetime?
Has the camera been operated in or subjected to, temperatures below 32 degrees F (freezing point) or above about 100 degrees F ?
Has it ever been subjected to a humidity higher than 85 % ? or gotten wet?
Has the camera ever been used in a gritty dusty or sandy environment, such as a beach, a seashore, a gravel pit or sand pit, or a construction zone (or a barren desert, I suppose, or a sandstorm, to go rather far afield on this) ?

If you don't expose the camera to any of that bad treatment... and also (if maximally hoping to preserve it) don't wear woolen clothing* (except maybe socks) while handling or using it outside of its case.

*[This is to avoid getting static discharges into it. Wool holds static electricity very well, and thus if you wear a wool sweater, you slightly endanger every electronic device that you touch! unless you 'ground' or 'touch metal' with your fingers before touching the electronic device.]

(I have to say, going with the co. that seems to care for its customers, is a policy I heartily understand and agree with personally.)

Let me know, as to the above question, and I will answer it as well as I can. Thanks.