Rick
Rick, Technician
Experience:  I'm a photographic equipment technician with over 25 years in the business
47133069

Dear Mr Technician. The autofocus has stopped working on my

Customer Question

Dear Mr Technician. The autofocus has stopped working on my 2 year old Canon EF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM lens, is there anything I may be doing wrong as autofocus is working on all my other lenses, so it appears the Camara is working allright. I thought I would ask the question before sending it off for repair. Thanks. Dave Ashton.
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Rick replied 3 years ago.

Hi. My name isXXXXX a camera repair technician with over 20 years in the business and I'll be glad to help you with your question today.

If you have other lenses, try them on the camera first. Replacing the AF motor on the 100-400 gets expensive. You might want to get a few estimates from independent repair shops and compare them to a factory repair. Below is a link to a directory of repair shops, one of which should be in your area and able to help you.

http://www.acecam.com/uk-camera-repair.html