Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

My EOS 450D is stuck in menu mode

Customer Question

My EOS 450D is stuck in menu mode
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

It takes longer than 1 day to dry out a wet camera and in the meantime you should not power it up (except perhaps briefly, for testing.)
The situation in drying out wet electronic devices is like that of the boy who kept digging up the seeds he had planted in order to see whether they were sprouting yet - you have to avoid that, and give the drying-out more time before even testing. Likelihoods of getting a fully working device out of the drying procedure are higher with longer periods of drying before testing.

So I advise:

Try removing the batteries, memory cards, etc., and leaving the camera with hatches all open, on a (dry, non-humid, non-dusty) shelf for several days and nights. Then put the batteries back in and try the camera again.

Let me know what happens.