Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

My EOS600D wont turn on

Customer Question

My EOS 600D won't turn on even though it has fully charged battery, the battery cover and the card cover are properly closed, and there is a card inserted. I've also tried pressing the dispay button.

Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  RUSSTING replied 3 years ago.

Have you tried turning the camera on with the memory card and lens removed?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Please could you tell me when you will be able to come back and advise me as I have a video shoot to do before 6pm. Thank you.

Expert:  RUSSTING replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I'm here.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Are you going to be able to respond further within the next 10 minutes? If not and if my problem is not resolved, I'll need to cancel my video shoot and abandon this help session.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

As I said about an hour ago in a previous message, yes I did try this and there was no power or action in the camera. I.e., it didn't work.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
I did what he said, immediately. This was to remove the lens and the SD card and try turning the camera on again. It did not work and I told Russell this immediately via your message system. Over an hour later he makes the same suggestion - he obviously had not read my reply. I sent several further messages asking how long it would take for him to advise me. I heard nothing. If you can't get back to me in 5 minutes I will ask for my money back.