michelleclive
michelleclive, Other
Experience:  Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.
26798893

I have brought a new CF memory card for my canon EOS D30 as

Customer Question

I have brought a new CF memory card for my canon EOS D30 as I insert the card an error message pops up on the small screen saying Err CF, all the pins are straight and there is not dust in the compartment where the card slots in, it there something wrong with the camera or is it the CF card if the card whats the best one to get?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  michelleclive replied 3 years ago.

michelleclive :

Hi there, I am Michelle, and i am a licensed Camera repair professional, i see you are asking about your camera memory, i think i can help you. I have an overall 9 years of experience in this area and have helped hundreds of customers in fixing there problems.

michelleclive :

Use a flashlight and magnifier to look into the card slot to make sure that all of the pins are straight. A single bent pin will cause the problem that you are experiencing. Unless you possess exceptional skill this issue is not user repairable and will require professional service to replace the entire connector.

If the pins all appear to be ok, do a hard reset on the camera by removing the main battery, memory card, and the date battery using the information below. Once these have been removed, turn the camera to "ON" and allow it to sit for ten minutes. Turn the camera to "OFF", re install both batteries and the memory card and try it out. Please let me know the result.

Customer:

I used the advice that you gave me and double checked the pins as well as doing a hard reset in the end the error was still popping up so I tried to format the memory card and it worked fine after that. I would like to say thank you for your time answering my question

Thank you for using our service and have a good day