Rick
Rick, Technician
Experience:  I'm a photographic equipment technician with over 25 years in the business
47133069

I have a canon 70-300mm do lens which I bought on eBay about

Customer Question

I have a canon 70-300mm do lens which I bought on eBay about a year ago for £500. While on holiday the zoom stuck and would not retract or move to any extent. The zoom has a lock and I thought it might be that which was at fault. I’ve noticed that the zoom barrel is loose and rocks slightly at the end and now think it could a guild rail problem if that is possible.

I’m not really sure but would like to get it fixed and would appreciate your feedback and cost.

XXXXX XXXXX
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Rick replied 3 years ago.
Hi Mike.

My name isXXXXX a camera repair technician with over 20 years in the business and I'll be glad to help you with your question today.

This lens doesn't have zoom but it does have internal zoom guides, one or more of which have come loose.

This can be repaired at most camera repair shops and your best bet would be to check for local sources first. If you need assistance in locating a repair source, let me know and I'll locate one for you..

Repair costs will vary from shop to shop and are usually most expensive when done by the factory but the repair will probably cost around 200 pounds and you should check with a few shops for the best estimate.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The problem has been solved

Mike Mitchell

Expert:  Rick replied 3 years ago.
You're welcome.