Richard, Technician
Experience:  10+ yrs. experience working on all forms of electronics and cameras both film and digital.
46422908

Poweershot SX210 IS when trying to reset all shows BUSY . How

Poweershot SX210 IS when trying to reset all shows BUSY . How do I change this
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Hi. My nsme is Rick and I am a digital camera professional.

I would be happy to help you here. Can you give this a try first and let me know how it goes.

Lets remove the battery from the camera and then press and hold the power (on/off) button for 1 minute. Than release the button, put a fully charged battery back in and see if it fixes it. . While you have the battery out clean the terminals in the compartment and also remove the storage card if you have one in the camera. You may also want to change the card if you have another one.

Let me know how it goes
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry not worked

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
OK Campbell. If the hardware reset I gave you does not stop the camera from showing "busy", the problem is that there is a bad circuit on the cameras control board. This is not an uncommon problem with these. The problem is that although you can have the board replaced the cost of doing it is about $100 over here and I am sure it is not any cheaper there. If however the camera is less than 1 year old you can have Canon do it under the warranty.

I am sorry for the bad news but if I can help further with this please let me know.