Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

I keep getting error code 30. I( follow instructions to turn

I keep getting error code 30. I( follow instructions to turn on and off or re-install battery but it has not resolved the issue. Can you help please. My camera model number is XXXXX

Thank You XXXXX
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Error 30 is a mechanical fault with the Shutter. It means the shutter is not responding correctly.

This can be an issue with the firmware. Did you remove also the Lithium battery when you did the reinstall of the battery?

And how long did you leave the battery out?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I removed the battery but only for a few moments.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
ok, remove it for 10 minutes, then put it back in and tell me if you still get the error please Iain.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Battery replaced after 10 mins but error still there.

Iain

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Iain

It is the shutter that has faulted.

A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by restarting it. The fact that the problem continues, confirms it is the shutter that has failed.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the camera to have this repaired. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.