Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

Flash issue re Canon EOS 400D... I find that the flash frequently

Customer Question

Flash issue re Canon EOS 400D... I find that the flash frequently "stutters" (accompanied by a sort of fizzing noise).

Have found that this occurs in a range of situations (i.e. in both good and poor light conditions). I had assumed it was due to a focusing issue... but happens so randomly and even when Auto Focus is used so I'm not sure. Any ideas what I should be doing (which I am obviously not)?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Rick replied 3 years ago.
Hi. My name is Rick. I'm a camera repair technician with over 20 years in the business and I'll be glad to help you with your question today.

This sounds like the cameras pre-flash, or,Red Eye Reduction mode is active. Make sure it is turned off and see if it still does the same thing.

Rick