Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

I have a pixma clearstar wifi printer. I have been getting

I have a pixma clearstar wifi printer. I have been getting an E 6 error code flashing on the printer. My computer tells me the printer is ready and available to print or scan, but nothing happens when I try to do either. Please help!

Fiona Brown
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you do the following please.

On the operator panel, press and hold the button for one second. (The display will go blank.)

Note: It may be necessary to unplug the power cord if pressing the ON/OFF button does not shut off the printer.

Wait approximately ten seconds and then press the button again.

Then try to print.

Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Which button is the 'hold' button? I cannot see one on my printer that says 'hold'.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
It is the On/Off button you need to hold Fiona.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have tried doing that. Each time I turn my computer back on again, the E 6 error code appears again.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
ok, hold the Stop / Reset button for 6 seconds, then release.

Does this remove the error?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is now working. Sorry for the delay. the ink cartridges had dried out because of lying around so long. Thank you for your help.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
No problem at all Fiona and good it is now functioning again.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.