Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

canon pixma 480 how to change ink absorber

Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

The ink absorbers are located underneath where the cartridges rest when they are not printing.

To change them

1. Open the printer as though you were going to install new ink cartridges, letting the carrier move to the center of the printing unit. Unplug the printer so that the carrier will remain centered.

2. Locate the waste ink absorbers in their black rubber frame. They will likely be on the right side of your printer, and will be located underneath the area where the ink cartridges rest when the printer is in standby mode.

3. Use a paper napkin or other disposable and absorbent material to soak up any excess ink that may be in the pads by pressing it down onto the top of the frame.

4. Pull the rubber frame free from the printer, wearing gloves to keep your hands clean. Carefully remove the ink absorber pad or pads from the rubber frame.

6. Insert new ink absorber pads firmly into the rubber frame. Replace the rubber frame in its original position and close the printer.

7. Hold down the power button, then plug the printer back in. Continue holding the power button down until the printer begins to reset itself and come online.

8. Wait for the green power light to turn off, then press and release the power button again. It should blink for two to three seconds, then stay lit; this will indicate that the printer has been reset and is ready to print again without errors.

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.