Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

Canon md205 tape carriage stuck.Managed to free and loaded

Customer Question

Canon md205 tape carriage stuck.Managed to free and loaded fresh tape but this is now jammed in carriage.When Iremoved the first tape it was tangled.Any suggestions!
Regards XXXXX XXXXX
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Rick replied 3 years ago.
Hi. My name is Rick. I'm a camera repair technician with over 20 years in the business and I'll be glad to help you with your question today.

This is usually caused by a loose or missing pinch roller. This is a rubber coated cylinder that holds the tape tight against the drive motor and is held in place by a Nylon sleeve. The Nylon eventually cracks and the pinch roller comes loose.

If you can get the tape out, look inside to see if the pinch roller is in place. It's about 1/2" long and 3/8" in diameter and should be plainly visible.