Readyrmca
Readyrmca, Technician
Experience:  Over 1000 Camera and Video Accepts!!!!
30429915

It is not a battery count that I seek, but a camera shutter

Customer Question

It is not a battery count that I seek, but a camera shutter count? please can you help?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Readyrmca replied 2 years ago.

Readyrmca :

Hi, my name is Roger and it would be my pleasure to help with your issue today. Can you tell me the make and model of your camera/

Readyrmca :

Are you still with me?

JACUSTOMER-dn5f307z- :

Canon EOS 7D

Readyrmca :

Thanks for the info. Give me just a minute and I'll get that info for you.

Readyrmca :

There are several methods for getting an accurate shutter count on your 7d. Although it cannot be just read out of the menus there are several different software programs as well as a website that will give you an accurate count. The easiest method for getting an accurate count is by using this website. CLICK HERE They do charge $1.50 for reading your shutter count, but it's really easy to use. There is another method using software, but it's much more involved. I'm going to post a link here for you to that tutorial as well. CLICK HERE

Readyrmca :

Personally, it's much easier for me to use the first link even though it does cost $1.50. The second method will allow you to check it whenever you want to for free, but it's a lot harder to use.

Readyrmca :

Hope this helps. Let me know if there's anything else that I can do to assist you. Please don't forget to click accept and leave a positive rating for me. Thanks and have a wonderful morning!!

JACUSTOMER-dn5f307z- :

Sorry about the delay - I have been paying the site $1.50 for the contact. this has now been done. How do I now get the camera reading carried out please?

JACUSTOMER-dn5f307z- :

Yes

JACUSTOMER-dn5f307z- :

How can I now get a shutter count from this firm.?

Readyrmca :

Have you downloaded the eos count active x control for your camera? If so, then you should be able to connect your camera to your computer using the supplied usb cable and then click sync to sync your camera to the software.

JACUSTOMER-dn5f307z- :

The camera is switched on and is connected to computer by usb cable. The camera button will bot be completely depressed - comes up BUSY

Readyrmca :

You must be using internet explorer to download the active x control. Once it's installed, then refresh the page and click allow to allow the control to run. You should see a screen that shows blanks for the camera serial number, shutter actuations that says connect your camera. Connect your camera in one of the still picture shooting modes and power it on.

JACUSTOMER-dn5f307z- :

I am using Windows 7 I do not know where eos count active x control is?

Readyrmca :

What browser are you using to connect to the internet?

Readyrmca :

Are you using internet explorer.

JACUSTOMER-dn5f307z- :

BT Internet connection for internet.

Readyrmca :

You must be using internet explorer for the active x control to install properly. Can you open internet explorer and go to the eoscount.com page again. When you go to the page, you should get a prompt to install the active x control.

JACUSTOMER-dn5f307z- :

Sorry Roger - I am lost - I cannot follow you

Readyrmca :

No problem at all. I'll walk you through it step by step.

Readyrmca :

First, can you tell me what operating system you are running on your computer?

JACUSTOMER-dn5f307z- :

thank you

Readyrmca :

Is it windows, and if so what version (XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8)

JACUSTOMER-dn5f307z- :

Win 7

Readyrmca :

Great. Ok, go to start>then click on the blue E icon for internet explorer, then go to www.eoscount.com

Readyrmca :

When you get there let me know if you get a pop up window to install something. If not, let me know if you see a place on the screen that says "connect your camera" in Blue.

JACUSTOMER-dn5f307z- :

All done & now have eos count screen up as before

Readyrmca :

Ok. If it says connect your camera, then try connecting your camera to your computer using the supplied USB cable, then power on the camera. If nothing happens, try refreshing the page. You should get an icon on the screen there that says "Sync"

Readyrmca :

If you haven't already paid for a shutter count, you may also see an icon for buy now to purchase the shutter count.

JACUSTOMER-dn5f307z- :

I have paid for a shutter count. Apart from that, I am not getting "connect your camera" - it is just a standard screen - I can click "camera" but it gives me nothing, same with other screens.

Readyrmca :

Ok. There are two versions of internet explorer most likely on your computer. You have to be using the 32bit version of internet explorer. That may be the issue. Go to start>all programs, then at the top you should see two internet explorer icons. One should say internet explorer, and one should say internet explorer 64bit. Make sure that you are using the one that just says internet explorer.

Readyrmca :

Also, check the FAQ section of the website. It's got some pictures there to let you see what it should look like. Look under the section that says "How do I know the active x control installed correctly". CLICK HERE

JACUSTOMER-dn5f307z- :

I have both Shall I now shut down all and restart on Internet Explorer alone? The icon at top of page "My cameras tested at eos Count" - when I click this , just comes up Cameras have not tested any cameras

Readyrmca :

Yes. That's my fault. I forgot that it had to be the 32 bit version of internet explorer. Re-start it using the one that says just internet explorer and go back to the page. If you don't get a prompt to install the active x control, you can go to the FAQ section and scroll down and there's a place that you can click to manually install it. I don't have my camera here in front of me so I'm doing this from memory and it's been a while since I've used this.

Readyrmca :

Sorry for the confusion, but we'll get it going.

Readyrmca :

Let me know if there's anything else that I can do to assist you. You should be able to follow along in the FAQ section for a step by step with pictures. Please don't forget to click accept and leave a positive rating for me.

JACUSTOMER-dn5f307z- :

Many thanks for all your help. I have been trying to change Internet Explorer, and then got caught up with companies trying to put virus clearing people onto me. What a waste of a morning. Now going back to eoscount to try and continue. This system should work and I don't want to give in.

Readyrmca :

I don't either. I'll be here with you all the way. I had to step away for a few minutes to eat, but I'm back now. Let me know if there's anything else that I can do to help. The only other thing that I can see that could possibly be causing an issue is wit the payment process. There's a section in the FAQ that mentions this and a change that you sometimes have to make to the security settings of internet explorer. I'm going to post these steps here for you so you can check this.

Readyrmca :

In the internet explorer software go to tools>internet options>Security tab>select custom level>Under this there are two things to check. First is to make sure that "download unsigned active x controls" is set to enable, then check to see that "script active x controls marked safe for scripting" is set to enable.

Readyrmca :

This is mentioned in the FAQ section about payments and has pictures there as well.