hsroy79
hsroy79, Other
Experience:  Camra Technician
34714361

I have a FinePix S5000 camera. When I changed the batteries,switched

I have a FinePix S5000 camera. When I changed the batteries,switched on & set the time & date I have a blank screen. The following details show, Top right 1M 2204, bottom left Auto in red & center showing 4 yellow corners. Also the green light on left above screen stays on. Can you offer any help please
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  hsroy79 replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I am Himadri...

Please let me know, dose the lens cap attached with your camera ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

lens cap wasn't attched to camera

Expert:  hsroy79 replied 3 years ago.
Please reset your camera and let me know the result....
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Have replaced batteries & reset time/date. Nothing has changed- self timer still comes up.

Expert:  hsroy79 replied 3 years ago.
Unfortunately what you have described indicates that there is a problem with the ccd (the light sensitive chip that produces the image)or the connection to it thats why you are facing this type of problem....
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok. Do I still have to pay for this info

Gary

Expert:  hsroy79 replied 3 years ago.
It's up to you...

On the other hand if your camera is under warranty then please send your camera to Fuji service canter for free service, if it is not under warranty then please don't send it to service canter because the repairing cost is too high almost a new camera price....