hsroy79
hsroy79, Other
Experience:  Camra Technician
34714361

My MP530 is showing a 6500 error code, on plugging in the paper

Customer Question

My MP530 is showing a 6500 error code, on plugging in the paper output tray pops open but the printer carriage does not move and the power on button does nothing. Help please!
Andy.
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  hsroy79 replied 3 years ago.
Hi I am himadri....

The error code indicates an issue with the purge unit or print head assembly.This usually requires a repair or service.

Before sending service center you can try the below steps:

1. Please turn off the unit....unplug the power cable
2. remove the cartridge manually slide the carriage assembly or print head back and front.. also clean the rail against which the assembly slides with a tissue ensuring that there is no ink residue on it.
3. clean the golden contacts of the cartridges and the print head with a cotton swab.
4. Move the print head to far left on the far right there is a little white plastic tab that is spring loaded just check that if its not getting jammed push the tab towards the front of the printer
once done just turn on and check the issue..

If no luck then please contact Canon service center for warranty service, if the printer is not under warranty then please don't send to service center because the repairing cost is too high all most a new printer price.....