Steve G.
Steve G., Technician
Experience:  VP of electronic repair company.
329447

the small locking pin for the lenses on the body of my canon

the small locking pin for the lenses on the body of my canon 300d is stuck in any advice how to release it thanks
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Steve G. replied 3 years ago.
Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

I need to gather some more information from you in order to help.

Do you mean >>>THIS PIN<<< ?

Please let me know so that we can continue.

Steve
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi there yes that is the pin I mean

Expert:  Steve G. replied 3 years ago.
Ok, I would try the smallest amount or WD40 or sewing machine oil and apply it with a fine artists paint brush so that the oil is drawn around the pin by capilliary action.

See if that will free it up. You may need to just let it sit for an hour or two.

Give that a try and let me know what happens.

Steve

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi there just tried a small amount of mineral oil about two hours ago but nothing happening yet

Expert:  Steve G. replied 3 years ago.
Ok, is the button stuck in also?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no button seems to be working ok

Expert:  Steve G. replied 3 years ago.
If the oil does not free it, then you may need to consider sending it off for repair. There is no reason that the pin should be stuck. It must be bent somehow.

If you give me your zip, I can recommend someone to do the work. You may need to mail the body to the repair shop.

I'm sorry that there is no quick and easy fix for this problem.

Steve
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi there and thanks for your help I think I might just buy a new body just had another go pushing the button In and out but no joy.