Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

I have a canon powershot a720. Its been working fine up to

I have a canon powershot a720. It's been working fine up to now. I've just replaced the batteries. It operates as normal in play back mode, showing me the photo's that are stored on the memory card, but in shooting mode (red icon) only the menu screen shows. I can't get the view of the picture to be taken. I've done reset on the menu to factory settings.

What do I need to do so that I can turn on click onto the red icon and get the image I'm meant to be shooting on the screen.

I hope I've explained this sufficiently.

Thanks Robin
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

To clarify, is it still taking photos?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Richie,

No it's not taking photos

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Robin.

Can you please put a different memory card in the camera and then start it.

Tell me if it still gives you the same problem please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'll try a different memory card. But I'm signing off for the time being as I have an appointment. I'll be back in touch.

thanks,

Robin

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Robin

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Ritchie,

I've put a different memory card in. The problem still persists.

Regards,

Robin

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Robin

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted.

A faulting memory card can cause this, but we have ruled this out.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the camera to have it replaced. It is a known problem, and is covered by the warranty, with the replacement performed at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.