Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

My Canon Ixus 1100 HS just stopped working. Dead. The only

My Canon Ixus 1100 HS just stopped working. Dead. The only thing that happened around the same day is that we were out in the rain and while the camera was not exposed to the rain it was in a damp rucksack. Any suggestions? Is there a good repairer?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

To clarify, no lights are showing at all, nothing happens when you try to turn it on?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Absolutely dead. nothing works. it doesn't switch on. It was working immediately after the rain as I took a photo with it while in a car on the way to the airport and showed someone photos on my camera. It was later in the day when I went to use it that I found it was dead.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.

How old is the camera Karen?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

About 2 years old

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Karen,

The problem came from the dampness. These cameras are very susceptible to water, and it would have dampened the capacitors on the camera, then when you tried to turn it on, it shorted out, which is why it is now completely damp.

The warranty has expired, and the mainboard in the camera will need replacing.

The problem is this is generally more expensive then the worth of the camera which is why it is always better to purchase a replacement. But if you still wish to have it repaired, you can do so by contacting the below company.

Click me to view

You can request if they will allow you to send it in for repairs, but do get a pricing first, as I mentioned, generally the repair will exceed the value of the camera.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.