Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

I have a cannon 350D camera. The top LCD panel only partially

I have a cannon 350D camera. The top LCD panel only partially displays. The camera works fine otherwise. What is the solution to this problem please.
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

when you say partially, you mean a part of the screen works perfect, but the other part is just black?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Richard

The screen looks like it has ink blobs on it and only part od messages can ge seen. It is the top smaller lcd screen

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Patrick

It is the LCD screen itself that has faulted.

This is what occurs, and it will be the crystals in the display.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the camera to have the screen replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Richard

Warranty has expired. Any idea where I can get it repaired or how much it will cost approximately please.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Any camera repair store can organize this for you Patrick.

You can find one via this link

http://www.canon.co.uk/Support/Consumer_Products/services_locator/index.aspx

Repair will be approximately in total 150 pounds.

feel free to ask if you would like more information please.