Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, Digital Cameras Technician
Experience:  Over 6 years of experience in Electronics support service.
63849745

I HAVE A CANON EOS1100D.. I HAVE LOST MY PROGRAMME ON MY COMPUTER

I HAVE A CANON EOS1100D.. I HAVE LOST MY PROGRAMME ON MY COMPUTER THAT ENABLED ME TO UPLOAD PICTURES TO MY COMPUTER. HOW CAN I NOW UPLOAD MY PICTURES. MANY THANKS. JOHN OSBORNE. PLEASE REPLY TO:[email protected]
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Kriptokrit replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for your question.

I'm Todd and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

I can provide you with the software that will allow you to upload pictures to your computer but I need to know what operating system you have on your computer?

Please provide me with that information, so we can continue.

Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

windows xp

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

windows xp

Hi John,

Thank you for your reply.

Please open the web page below on your computer - click here

Scroll down and click on "Accept & Download" button.

Download and install software on your computer (Double-click the "psew11410.exe" file and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation).

When done, use the procedure below to transfer your pictures:
1. Connect the camera to the computer with the interface cable supplied with the camera.
2. Set the camera's power to .
3. Software - EOS Utility starts automatically.
If Software/EOS Utility does not start automatically, click the [Start] button, then select [All Programs] , [Canon Utilities] , [EOS Utility] and then [EOS Utility].
4. When the following window appears, start the operation for downloading images. To download all images saved in the memory card, click [Starts to download images] in the EOS Utility window.

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any difficulties. I will be happy to help with any follow up questions.

If you have any difficulties or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD service or POOR service. Reply to me using "Reply to Expert" button and I'll provide you with more help.

Kind Regards,
Todd
Kriptokrit, Digital Cameras Technician
Experience: Over 6 years of experience in Electronics support service.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Todd,

I followed the instruction up to accept and download but could not find any sign of the psew11410.x button. please advise. john.

Thank you for your reply John.

When you click on "Accept & Download" button computer will start downloading. File/software name is XXXXX XXXXX file will be stored in the folder specified for downloading.

Please follow those steps to find out where is that file stored.

Click START on your computer, select "Search". On the left side click on "All files and folders". In first box type "psew" without quotes. In Look in section select "My Computer". Click "Search" button.

When computer find psew11410.exe double click on it to start downloading. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.

Let me know if you have any difficulties please. I'll be waiting for your reply.

Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

finished installing psew but when I connect the camera there is a sound of three notes but nothing opens

John,

Now please restart your computer and follow the procedure below.

2. Set the camera's power to .

If this doesn't work, while the camera is connected and turned on, go to "My Computer" and find "Removable Device" or "CANON EOS 1100D". Click on that folder and you should open your pictures. Select the pictures and copy them to your computer.

Regards,
Todd

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Todd, I must be your worst nightmare. I've tried all you have advised. when I go into canon utilities then eos utility then in the drop down eos utility again a box opens up as follows:- at the top, two buttons, control camera and accessories. below four sections 1 starts to download images. 2 lets you select download images. 3 camera setting remote images. 4 monitor folder. the only one of the four that is lit enabling it to be opened is number 4. at the bottom there are two buttons:- Preferences and quit. tried searching for canon 1100D in computer with no result. John.

John,

No problem, electronics troubleshooting is sometimes not so easy.

Just to confirm, you have this pop-up (check the picture below) but you are able to select only 4th option, correct?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Todd, thanks for your patience the box you show is not the same as the one that opens for me. my box has a black background with all writing in white. any help?. john.

You're very welcome John.

Please let me know, do you have original CD that came with your camera?

Let's try to connect your camera this way:

1. Confirm that the camera is not connected to the computer, and then set the camera's power switch to .

2. Press the MENU button to display the menu.

3. Change the camera's Auto power off settings.

3-1. Press the to select the "french key" tab, and then select [Auto power off]. Press the button.
3-2. Press the to select [Off] from the menu that appears, and then press the MENU button again.

4. Press the MENU button to turn off the display on the LCD monitor, and then turn the camera's power switch to .
5. Plug the supplied USB cable into the USB port on your computer. The port's location differs between computers. Please refer to the documentation provided with your computer for more information.

6. Connect the other end of the USB cable to the < A/V OUT / DIGITAL > terminal on the camera.

7. Set the camera's power switch to .

8. EOS Utility should open automatically.

Let me know if that works please.

Regards,

Todd

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Todd, Tried all that and still the only window to open was the one previously described. you sent me a copy of a window titled CANON EOS in a blue colour, how can I get that window to try it?. John.

John,

That is a pop-up window that should appear when you connect your camera to your computer.

Looks like that there are no drivers installed (should be installed with the EOS software), so computer can not recognize your camera.

Do you have original CD that came with your camera?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No Todd I do not have the cd. John.

I have another software that can resolve this issue, but that software will not work if there is no original CD or if there is no previous version installed on your computer.

Let try it please. Use the same procedure to download and install it.

Here is a link for that software - click here to download

Please keep me updated and thank you for your patience.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Todd,

Downloaded the software but same result just the black window. Not sure if there is anywhere to go from here. Maybe I need to find a camera shop and seek a CD from somewhere. Understand if you can go no further will still give you top feedback and you have certainly earned the £15. Up to you now. John.

John,

If none of the previous solutions works (2 original Canon software with drivers and Windows autoplay) you can transfer you pictures using memory card reader (if you have it). All you have to do is to remove your memory card from camera and to insert it in card reader.

Check the link below to find out how does memory card reader look like - click here

I also found an offer for CD on Ebay - click here to open

I'm very sorry because I did not solve your problem. I gave my best to find a solution, but sometimes it is very difficult to find it. Thank you very much for your patience and for using our service.

Please don't hesitate to ask if you need more information.

Best Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for all your help Todd will buy another CD. Bye John.

You're welcome John. Sorry one more time.

If you are satisfied with my personal service (my effort to help) please don't forget to rate my answer with GOOD SERVICE or EXCELLENT SERVICE, as this is the only way I get credited for helping you.

Thanks for using our service.

All the best,
Todd
Kriptokrit, Digital Cameras Technician
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

HI TODD, YOU MAY REMEMBER ME FROM YESTERDAY, THE CANON CAMERA PROBLEM. I FOUND THE DISK AND REBOOTED BUT STILL NO USE. I CONTACTED A LOCAL PAL WHO PUT ME ON TO A " COMPUTER DOCTOR " I EXPLAINED IT ALL AND ALL THAT YOU HAD ADVISED ME TO DO WHICH SAVED A LOT OF TIME. HE THEN ASKED ME IF THE COMPUTER RECOGNISED THE CAMERA, WHEN I VOICED A BLANK HE TOOK ME INTO------ CONTROL PANEL THEN INTO SYSTEMS TO GET THE CAMERA TO BE RECOGNISED BY THE COMPUTER. I TELL YOU THIS IN THE HOPE THAT YOU MAY BE ABLE TO HELP A COMPUTER NOVICE SUCH AS ME IN FUTURE. I HAVE NO COMPLAINT, INDEED I THANK YOU AGAIN FOR YOUR PATIENCE. STILL NO ANSWER AS TO WHY THE DOWNLOAD PROGRAMME DISAPPEARED IN THE FIRST PLACE BUT AT LEAST I NOW KNOW HOW TO FIX IT. BYE AGAIN, JOHN.

Hey John,

Thank you for your reply and sorry for delay. I'm glad that your problem is resolved.

Also, thank you for additional information. Don't call yourself "computer novice" you are doing great.

I guess that you deleted software (or some file of the software) by accident. That's happens.

Thank you one more time for using our service and for the positive rating.

All the best!

Todd