HunterOwens
HunterOwens, Computer Repairer
Experience:  A Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist here to help you resolve your problem fast!
20422294

Nikon D50 camera

Customer Question

Some time ago i bought, and still use the Nikon D50 camera. I used it in Windows XP to work my pictures in Photoshop. My system got updated recently to 'Windows 7 Ultimate', so the Picture Project 1.5 Cd will not load into the computer. Can you advise if I need to purchase a new CD to match 'Windows 7 Ultimate'? If so, how do I order the cd and what is the cost? If there is any other advice you may wish to offer, I shall be very glad to learn of what it may be, Michael XXXX XXXXXX XXXXX XXXXXXX

Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  HunterOwens replied 2 years ago.

It will be my pleasure to assist you today. I'm a certified technician with years of experience resolving computer problems like yours for people.

As you've discovered, Picture Project 1.5 isn't compatible with Windows 7. While Nikon doesn't have an updated version of Picture Project available, they do have a Windows 7 compatible version of a similiar program called View NX that allows you to view the photos from your Nikon camera and copy them to your computer. You can simply download it onto your computer by clicking here and then clicking on the Begin Download button near the bottom of the page.

Please note that you'll need to download either the 32-bit or 64-bit version depending on your computer type. You can find out what type your computer is by clicking on Start, right-clicking on Computer in the Start menu and selecting Properties from the drop-down menu, and then looking in the System type field for either 32-bit or 64-bit.

Look forward to hearing from you,

Hunter
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

To Hunter Owens: Sandra here, replying on behalf of Michael, my husband for whom you offered your solution to his problem. He has noted your reply, but unfortunately is not able just now to answer you regarding if you have resolved his problem. He is very unwell with terminal cancer. As soon as he feels well enough to try out your resolution to his question, he shall let you know if it works (presumably as an expert you've got it ight). Thank you for your assistance so far.

Hi Sandra,

Thanks for your reply. I'm very sorry to hear that Michael isn't feeling well. There is no rush on my end though, so tell Michael to take his time before trying the new program. You can use the links in the emails from JustAnswer to return here at anytime.

Best,

Hunter
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am Sandra XXXXXXXX, wife of michael XXXXXX. I have already informed you that my husband is terminally ill with cancer. At this time he is not well enought to use the computer to test out your resolution to his problem. He has asked me to thank you for your response, but also request you be patient until he is able to test your effort. NOW, please do not keep chasing for a response. My husband is not slow in replying... He is simply slowly dying. He WILL get back to you ASAP. PLEASE do keep on seeking a reply. HE WILL reply.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How many times do I have to answer on behalf of my husband Michael Edwards being terminally ill, informing you he has not yet been able to get to his computer to tend to your reply? TODAY YOUR company an Email APOLOGY message informing us we would no longer keep being pestered for a reply by you.

It is noted that you have deducted your fee from my husband's bank account, SO PLEASE WAIT UNTIL HE CAN CHECK YOUR RESOLUTION TO HIS PROBLEM Now, is that loud enough for you?

Note please, we are not rude or impolite to folk, but your insistence is becoming a bore.