Richard, Technician
Experience:  10+ yrs. experience working on all forms of electronics and cameras both film and digital.
46422908

fujifilm xp60 not switcing on battery is unserted correctl

fujifilm xp60 not switcing on battery is unserted correctly
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Hi. My nsme is Rick and I am a digital camera professional.

I would be happy to help you with this. Can you give this a try and let me know what happens.

Lets remove the battery from the camera and then press and hold the power (on/off) button for 1 minute. Than release the button, put a fully charged battery back in and see if it fixes it. . While you have the battery out clean the terminals in the compartment and also remove the storage card if you have one in the camera. You may also want to change the card if you have another one.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Rick

Still no sign of life camera completley dead

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
OK thanks. Can I ask about how old your camera is?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

not sure bought it off a friend

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Ok thats fine. THe reason I asked is that if the steps I gave you did not clear the problem it indicates that the main control board in the camera has got a short circuit in one of the power circuits. This board can be replaced however it will cost about $125 to have it done and recalibrated. If by chance the camera was less then a year old Fuji would do it under the warranty.
I am sorry for the bad news but if I can help further on this please let me know.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

how can i tell how old the camera is, do they have a serial number on them that identifies the date of manufacture

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
THe seriel number does have codes that can tell Fuji when it was made but if you do not have a sales receipt that shows you bought it new it will not help you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what is the probable cause of fault and if i have the board repaired will this fault happen again

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
The cause was just a weak circuit on the board. It really does not happen often however as I sure you are aware nothing is guaranteed. For what its worth the cost of this repair is almost as much as that camera would cost ot replace and it is a fix I would really have to think about.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

is it possible to fix it myself, I work in electronics

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
It is possible however it would involve realigning the new board to the sensors and that part of it requires special instruments that only Fuji would have.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks for your help, will see if its worth repairing Smile

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
You are very welocome. Please do the ratings and have a great day.