Rick
Rick, Technician
Experience:  I'm a photographic equipment technician with over 25 years in the business
47133069

Hi,I am trying to take action shots for our local hockey team

Hi,I am trying to take action shots for our local hockey team with my SX50HS camera but in sports mode and using a support stand I still have difficulty in obtaining non blurred images,can you help with suggestions as to what settings I should be using.I would add that I amature as for as photography goes
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Rick replied 3 years ago.

Hi. My name's XXXXX XXXXX I'll try and help you today.

Keep in mind, when shooting any action photography, you need to maintain a fast shutter speed. This is best done by using the camera in the "S", or, shutter speed priority mode set to 125 or faster. You will probably need to use a higher ISO to achieve the right exposure but this should get you clear shots. Just remember, the faster the shutter speed, the better the stop-action.

Also, you may want to note that the camera has a built in image stabilization mode. This helps with camera vibration on telephoto shots. Make sure it is on and functioning properly.