Rick
Rick, Technician
Experience:  I'm a photographic equipment technician with over 25 years in the business
47133069

Help - my canon 550d eos is saying "card full" however I have

Customer Question

Help - my canon 550d eos is saying "card full" however I have jus transferred all images to my computer and deleted all images from the card. There are only 12 new images on the card. What do I do?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Rick replied 3 years ago.
Hi. My name isXXXXX’m a camera repair technician with over 20 years in the business and I'll be glad to help you with your question today, but I'll need a little more information first.

What size and type of card are you using and what kind of camera do you have?

Rick
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Canon eos 550d and the card is scan disk ultra 16gb. Both the camera and card are almost two years old and I have never had any previous problems. I am now on holiday and can't take any pictures
Expert:  Rick replied 3 years ago.

Did you reformat the card in the camera or computer?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No - not that I am aware of. It's been working absolutely fine until now. I just went to take some pics and after 12 pics it said card full.
Expert:  Rick replied 3 years ago.
Alright. The first thing you need to do is format the card in the camera. If you have any unsaved images on the card, transfer them first. They'll be lost afterwards.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
How do I format the card in the camera. Please send insurrections . Thanks v much
Expert:  Rick replied 3 years ago.

If you haven't done so already, please download the instruction manual from the link below. I contains detailed instructions on how to format the card. Basically, all you need to do is put the card in the camera and select "Format" from the tools menu.

http://support-in.canon-asia.com/P/search?category=Digital+Cameras&series=EOS&model=EOS+550D&menu=Manual&filter=0

Expert:  Rick replied 3 years ago.
Just a quick follow-up to see if I can be of further assistance.