Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

Canon EOS 300 - My studio is set up for photographing jewellery

Canon EOS 300 - My studio is set up for photographing jewellery using tungsten lights type JCD 240V - 500WC. Now that it is no longer possible to obtain Fujichrome T64 film I have been advised to try Fuji Provia 100 for colour slides and to use a filter. I should be grateful if you could advise me on the correct Tungsten Filter for my Canon EOS 300 camera and whether you can supply one. Best wishes James Gosling
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fujifilm-RTP-FUJI-T64-COLOR-Slide-FILM-TUNGSTEN-64-T-35mm-x-100-Fujichrome-Roll-/171301009931
might doubtfully be considered as a stop-gap supply of film, if you cared to bid on it.

If not, and in any case and eventually, you would need some sort of filter to use a daylight-type film like Provia 100 with tungsten-filament indoor lights. Since daylight is bluer and tunsten-filament light is rather yellow, you would need a filter that would compensate for and filter out the yellow. Specifically a CTB gel filter.

A Cinegel #3202 Full Blue filter might be what you need, according to this chart:

http://filmcameracourse.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/ctb-chart6.jpg

If this answers your question adequately, please rate my Answer - favorably I would hope - so that I may be paid for the work I have done on your question. Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX luck.
(If further clarification or more info is needed, please Reply.)