Freddy M.
Freddy M., IT Technician
Experience:  Years of experience.
15852642

I am not sure what details you want, but the camera is a S9500

I am not sure what details you want, but the camera is a S9500 which will take either compact flash or xd cards, so far I have used the xd cards with no problem. I decided to change to a compact flash. Now I have a 7day shop 64gb 300x speed 20mg/s cf card. When i inserted it into the camera I got a message saying 'card not initiaized.'
I checked in the manual, but could find nothing about how to initalize the card. I use the camera mainly for action shots (Motor racing/ horse trials etc and for competitions). How do I nitialize the card?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
This camera will not work with CF cards which is why you are getting the error.

It will only work with SD, SDHC, and SDXC/XD cards.
Here is a table that shows which cards can be used without this error: Click Here

If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know.
If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated.
.