Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

when you have a large number of photos and want to quickly

when you have a large number of photos and want to quickly go through and delete a lot of them using zoombrowser, how do I do it please?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

You can select multiple images by pressing and holding the [Ctrl] key and clicking on successive images or by pressing and holding the [Shift] key while clicking on images. You can delete multiple images at once by selecting them and clicking (Delete).

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, but I need to click on each image before I can decide whether to delete it or not which makes it impossible to do batch selections for deletions

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Correct, so you need to know first which files to delete Melanie, then you can do the batch deletions.

Or do it from outside of Zoombrowser, by clicking Start, Computer.

Then go to your photos and you can view the Thumbnails and do batch deletion (it is the same method with CTRL as in Zoombrowser) and delete them this way.

But these are the only two methods for you to do the batch deletion.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have a large no of images - do I have to write down the image no of each one I want to delete and then go back and select them using the method you say. Surely using the star system and then filtering those ones out would be easier?

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
There the only two methods available Melanie.

Either via the Zoombrowser as I explained, or via Windows Explorer where you can view the thumbnails and delete them this way.