Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

I havent used my Cannon D300 for over a year i have fully

Customer Question

I haven't used my Cannon D300 for over a year i have fully charged the battery and changed the back up battery but the camera will not turn on?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Wes replied 3 years ago.

Wes :

My name is Wes and I will be assisting you today. Please favorite or bookmark this page press CTRL+D, so you can return here if we get disconnected. Is this a phone or a camera? Also can you confirm the manufacturer and the model number?

Wes :

I see you've disconnected. When you would like to continue our conversation, type a response in the box below and hit the reply button. I will be sent a message that you have reconnected and I will reconnect to you as soon as I can.

JACUSTOMER-1lm9upw7- :

It is a Cannon EOS D300 digital Camera the camera seems completely dead as i have said i have bought new battery pack and back up battery and tried inserting back but the camera just won't start up.

Wes : All I can suggest is pulling the lens and trying again. The backup battery only runs the clock so that doesn't really matter. If the camera was subject to a humid environment for an extended period it's possible it may have corroded inside. I'm afraid I don't have any secret tricks for you, the camera will most likely require service. If you would like a second opinion I can opt out and perhaps a different expert may have some other ideas for you.