Rick
Rick, Technician
Experience:  I'm a photographic equipment technician with over 25 years in the business
47133069

My Camera is the Canon HV20. Occasionaly when filming things

Customer Question

My Camera is the Canon HV20. Occasionaly when filming things the screen shows black with the right hand third horizontal black and white hoops.The camera always go's back to normal working What is this?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Rick replied 3 years ago.
Hi. My name is Rick. I'm a camera repair technician with over 20 years in the business and I'll be glad to help you with your question today.

This is usually caused by an oxidized, misaligned or defective Audio/Video drum. This can sometimes be cured by running a cleaning tape through the camera. However, most often the video drum surface is embedded with oxides and will need to be cleaned thoroughly with solvent and a cotton swab. This really isn’t a user serviceable problem and should be repaired by a qualified technician. Your best bet would be to check locally for a camera or video repair shop in your area. If you need assistance locating a shop near you, please let me know and I'll locate one for you.