Freddy M.
Freddy M., IT Technician
Experience:  Years of experience.
15852642

3 year old canon ixus105. Lens fault - wont retract tells

3 year old canon ixus105. Lens fault - won't retract tells me lens fault and shuts down. Not dropped/bumped. Tried hoover round lens to remove dust, no joy. any suggestions to try or place to seek repair. Marion Rugby Warwickshire
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Look directly at the lens is it leaning slightly more to one side instead of being completely centered?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

-looks straight

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
That could mean you need a new part then, just in case lets check anyway.
While holding the power button gently push the lens to the side.

Test this with each of the 4 sides, if it is off center to one side doing this should get it to retract while holding the power button.
If you hear a click while doing it do not worry that is normal.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.

.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Magic! worked by the third side! have put it on and off several times and it is retracting beautifully! Love this camera so did not want to replace it. Thank you so much, Marion

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
You're welcome and please don't forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
.