Rick
Rick, Technician
Experience:  I'm a photographic equipment technician with over 25 years in the business
47133069

why wont my canon zoom lens ef 75-300 work on my 1000d cam

Customer Question

why wont my canon zoom lens ef 75-300 work on my 1000d camera
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Rick replied 3 years ago.
Hi. My name is Rick. I'm a camera repair technician with over 20 years in the business and I'll be glad to help you with your question today.

First, I need to clarify what you mean by "Not Working". Does it not auto focus? Does it produce ab error in the body when installed? Is it just completely dead?

Rick
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the camera works with the18-55 lensbut when i fit the 75-300 i get no reaction on the shutter button

Expert:  Rick replied 3 years ago.

It sounds like the autofocus motor has failed. This is actually more common than it should be. Is this a newer model lens? The reason I ask, is that, some of the models are discontinued and the part needed is no longer available. You may be able to find a replacement AF Motor Assembly on EBay, but you may want to consider investing in a new lens.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Rick , you have comfirmed it for me

Expert:  Rick replied 3 years ago.
Some of the Mark II lenses still have parts available, but I believe the 75-300 may have been discontinued.