Engineer1010
Engineer1010, Camera Expert
Experience:  MS Electrical Engg.
16465236

trying to transfer images from camera to computer

trying to transfer images from camera to computer.connected camera to computer using cable it says no camera found. it is a Canon IXUS 80 IS

Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Engineer1010 replied 3 years ago.
Hello!
I am Andy and I will be glad to help you out with your issue today. Please Reply to me with doubts / questions till you are 100% satisfied.

What is the make, type and size of memory card in the camera ?

What is the Operating System installed on your computer ?

Are you using a USB cable to connect camera to computer ?

Andy
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi , Sorry for the delay. memory card is Sandisk Ultra 2GB. Computer operating system is AppleMac OS X version 10.9 and I am using a USB cable.

Thank you for your response.

This is a known issue and happens because of communication error between the camera and the computer. It may or maynot happen with the same camera on other computers.

The only solution to this for now is to use an external USB card reader. One of the good ones is this : LINK .. at amazon. You can also get one at any nearby computer / electronic store.

You need to remove the memory card from the camera, plug it into the card reader and connect the card reader to the computer to transfer the pictures from memory card to computer.

Let me know if you need further information via the REPLY TO EXPERT button.

Please go ahead and RATE this answer with SMILEY face (GOOD / EXCELLENT) so that I get credited for my answer through this website.

Thanks and take care!
Andy