Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

I have finepix s4400 and amtrying to transfer pictures from

Customer Question

I have finepix s4400 and amtrying to transfer pictures from the camera to computer. I must admit I am a computer dunce, but I have registered the camera today. Iy was bought at the end of last year. But now I have registered every time I try to do something to transfer the pictures I am asked to regisiter again. Can you please tell me in non-computer style if possible.
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

What computer do you have, a Windows PC or an Apple computer?

What is the exact message that you see, when you are asked to register, please? in full.

If you have a Windows computer, try (with the camera plugged in to the computer) going to
Start - My Computer (or Start - Computer in modern Windows)
and see if the camera has an icon or a listing there. If it does, double-click upon that listing, please, and let me know what you see. Thanks.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

windows pc. all i can tell you is i am asked to register. I register and go into something like finepix studio. I do that and up comes a little box asking me to register - again.

For after receiving your email I again went into finepix studio. That has been stuck in installing my fienpix studio. I'll give it another 10 minutes then call it a day.

So in other words, FinePix Studio is looping. Or, registering is not going through.

Try other means of downloading pictures. For instance, if you have a Windows computer, go through the Scanners and Camera Wizard in
Start - Control Panel
and see if you get to download pictures that way.

If you have quit for the day, just pick up this matter whenever you have time. Thanks.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The latest is that 'installing my finepix studio has been stuck for some 45 minutes so I am going to give up, Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX your efforts and I am sure you would have done the business with someone with a better knowledge of computers.

OK. When you resume, try uninstalling FinePix Studio, then restart your computer, then try installing FinePix Studio without your camera plugged in, and see if that works.