Rick
Rick, Technician
Experience:  I'm a photographic equipment technician with over 25 years in the business
47133069

I am the owner of a EF70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Lenswhen using

Customer Question

I am the owner of a EF70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Lens when using it in auto focus, I have to put it in manual focus to bring the lens to the fully closed position. is this the norm with this lens, as all my other canon lenses just close up using the zoom The lens make is CANON

Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Rick replied 3 years ago.

Hi. My name isXXXXX a camera repair technician with over 20 years in the business and I'll be glad to help you with your question today.

The lens should close up just the same as all your other Canon lenses. If it doesn't then something is wrong. I would suggest having it looked at before something inside catches and breaks. I'll be a lot less expensive. Below is a link to a directory of repair shops, one of which should be in your area and able to help you. If you need assistance locating a shop near you, please let me know and I'll locate one for you.

http://www.acecam.com/srindex.html