Readyrmca
Readyrmca, Technician
Experience:  Over 1000 Camera and Video Accepts!!!!
30429915

Why wont photos from my camera go to My Pictures ? They

Customer Question

Why won't photos from my camera go to 'My Pictures' ? They keep going to Adobe
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Readyrmca replied 3 years ago.

Readyrmca :

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it would be my pleasure to help with your issue today.

Readyrmca :

If you want your pictures to go to a certain folder when you download them to your computer you should manually transfer them. To do this connect your camera to your computer, then power on the camera in the mode for transfer. Once you've done this, go to start>my computer>there should be a new removable disk that shows up there under devices with removable storage. If you click on this removable disk there should be a folder inside called DCIM. Inside this DCIM folder should be your images. From here you can either copy and paste or drag and drop your images to any location on your computer that you want for safe keeping.

Readyrmca :

Let me know how it goes and if there's anything else that I can do to assist you. Please don't forget to click accept and leave a positive rating for me. Thanks and have a wonderful day!!

Customer:

Hi Roger. Thanks for that but it doesn't work! I've had the camera for a long time with no problems. Can't understand why it just won't do as it did! Why should it work on the Laptop and not the Computer? Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Readyrmca :

Which adobe program do you have? Most likely the adobe program is set up to automatically send any new JPEG images to it on this computer. Many programs by adobe have a check mark when setting them up to associate all JPEG images with that program and if you don't uncheck that box when installing it then they automatically go there.

Readyrmca :

Try going to where one of your images are located in adobe, then right click on the image and go to properties. Under properties, it should have a section there that says "Open With". Adobe is most likely selected here and you can change the way that the computer treats new images from here by changing it from adobe.

Readyrmca :

Change it from Adobe to something like Windows photo viewer and then try it again.

Customer:

Only Starter edition 3.2 I've had it for years and no probs.

Customer:

Only Adobe 3.2 I've had it for years and no probs. I'll go look.

Readyrmca :

That should take care of it if you go to one of your images and change the program that it's set to open with.

Customer:

I'm not having much luck here! Not very 'techi' as you can probably tell!