Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

My Fujifilm x10 shutter sounds not working. No sound in video

My Fujifilm x10 shutter sounds not working. No sound in video mode either. Any ideas?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Is it still taking pictures correct?

And how did you do the reset?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No problems taking pictures, everything else working correctly as far as i can tell, including flash. I reset via the set-up menu on the camera

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Dave

Can you remove the battery and wait 10 minutes.

Then put the battery back in, turn it on and tell me if you still have the problem please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK, done that - no change I'm afraid!

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted Dave, and will be the sound processing module for input and output sounds.

A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to restart it and it has been reset.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the camera to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.