Readyrmca
Readyrmca, Technician
Experience:  Over 1000 Camera and Video Accepts!!!!
30429915

canon sx50is has developed a loud crackling sound on video

canon sx50is has developed a loud crackling sound on video playback
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Readyrmca replied 3 years ago.

Readyrmca :

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it would be my pleasure to help with your issue today.

Readyrmca :

Does this crackling sound show up on the video both when played back on the camera and if the video is transferred to a computer and played back?

Customer:

yes,it started when I recorded some tracks at a queens of the stone age gig.it was a very loud concert and I am wondering if the noise level has damaged the speaker or whatever.i have since recorded tracks from other gigs and there is the same problem.prior to the qotsa gig it played back perfectly.

Readyrmca :

If the crackling sound transfers and plays back that way when you transfer your video to a computer as well, then that would be more of an indication of a microphone problem than a speaker problem. Have you checked the mic settings to be sure that the mic volume isn't turned up too high. Check in the menus for mic settings and see if there's a way to adjust the mic volume. I know that you can set the mic volume up so high that it distorts any audio above a certain level. Let me know what level your mic is set to, and if it's set to auto, try setting it to manual and turn the mic volume down and try recording some test video with audio.

Readyrmca :

Hope this helps. Let me know if there's anything else that I can do to assist you. Please don't forget to click accept and leave a positive rating for me. Thanks and have a wonderful morning.

Customer:

i have checked the settings and found that the operational volume was at max for some reason so i have set it the same as the start-up volume. i think this should solve my problem.thanks a lot for your help.

Readyrmca :

No problem at all. Let me know if there's anything else that I can do to assist you. Please don't forget to click accept and leave a positive rating for me. Thanks and have a wonderful morning.