Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

When I turn on my Canon SX 240 HS (two years old), the screen

When I turn on my Canon SX 240 HS (two years old), the screen doesn't always light up. If I keep switching it off and on it will eventually light up, but it'd driving me crazy. Is this repairable or do I just have to buy a new camera?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

The LCD controller is faulting, this is why it keeps switching off as it is shorting out.

The problem is for this model, unless it is covered under warranty, the cost of repairing exceeds the value of the camera, and it is more economically feasible to replace the camera, if you really want to have he screen working.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** this might be the case. It looks like it's worth taking out an extended warranty on a new one.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
It always is Liz, also insurance if you can.

Best to try to get 3 years from these devices.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the smiley faces below, that would be greatly appreciated.