Richard, Technician
Experience:  10+ yrs. experience working on all forms of electronics and cameras both film and digital.
46422908

i have a MG3500, the error light is on constant and Im not

i have a MG3500, the error light is on constant and I'm not sure what to do?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Hi. My nsme is Rick and I am a digital camera professional.

I would be happy to help you with this. Is this a Canon printer MG3500?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Ok lets give this a try and let me know what happens.

Turn off the printer and then unplug it from the power source.
Now press and hold the power (on/off) button for 1 minute.
Now release the button and plug the printer back in.
Turn it on and see if the error clears.
Let me know how this goes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok that worked really well and the error light is off. However I still can't print my photo as when I press to print I get this error message:

Support Code : 300 The printer does not respond. Make sure that the printer is plugged in, powered-on, and properly connected to your computer.

It is plugged in, powered on and my laptop can "see it" so not sure what to do next?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
OK thanks. Can you try un installing the printer and then reinstall it again. Let me know what it does then. There are a couple of things that can cause this and one of them is the printer driver is corrupted and re installing it will fix it if that is the cause.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry to be such a pain - I think I have just realised the problem. We have recently changed wireless providers and therefore I think the printer is no longer connected to the network (hence the computer can't connected). I have uninstalled from the computer but I now can't find it (because I think it's not connected to the internet).

Could you remind me how I connect the printer to my wireless network and then hopefully we'll be all sorted.

Thanks for your help.

Phillippa

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.

Sure. Makes sure your printer is turned on. then follow these steps

Connection Using WPS
  1. Make sure that the button on the access point is ready to be pressed.

2. Hold down the Wi-Fi button (A) on the printer until the (orange) Alarm lamp (B) flashes once, then release the Wi-Fi button after the flash.

figure: Press and hold the Wi-Fi button and the Alarm lamp flashes once
  3. Make sure that the (blue) Wi-Fi lamp (C) flashes quickly and the (green) POWER lamp is lit, then press and hold the button on the access point within 2 minutes.

figure: The Wi-Fi lamp flashes quickly and the POWER lamp lights up
  4. Make sure that the (blue) Wi-Fi lamp and the (green) POWER lamp are lit.

figure: The Wi-Fi lamp and the POWER lamp lights up

If the (orange) Alarm lamp lights up, refer to "Troubleshooting."

Richard, Technician
Experience: 10+ yrs. experience working on all forms of electronics and cameras both film and digital.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks so much for you help - all sorted.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Great. I was happy to help. Have a great day.

Rick