Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

Dear JustAnswer, When asked to print, my Canon Pixma 560

Dear JustAnswer,

When asked to print, my Canon Pixma 560 makes all the right noises and actions, but no print appears on the paper.

All that appears is a yellow highlight where my name ought to be.

I hope you can help me.

Fred Price
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question Fred, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

The first step is to ensure there is no issue with the ink cartridges.

Can you please replace the current ones with new ones and tell me if it now prints correctly.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear *****,

I do not use the printer very much. All cartridges have been replaced within the last month.

The small Black is a month old.

The large Black I replaced yesterday.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok... I would still like you to do my instructions.

But if you do not wish to, then tell me the version of windows you are using

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This will take some time.

Perhaps I ought to have also said that the printing (but not the activity) stopped 2/3 of the way through a ten-copy five-page two-on-one print. The final page printed halfway across the page vertically.

Here goes . . . .

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, I just need to know then which version of windows you are using on the computer please.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have replaced the cartridges, Sir.

I am using Microsoft 7.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.

I was not sure if you would do the cartridges.

Now they are replaced, please print something and tell me if it now functions correctly.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I replaced the cartridges. The printer would not accept the new small black. I tried to print and got the same result.

It made all the correct movements and noises.

It printed the yellow highlight that I put over my mobile phone number.

It printed my blue email address.

It printed nothing else.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.

Click start, Devices and Printers.

Right click on your printer and click Printer Properties.

then click on Print test Page and tell me if the test page prints correctly please

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear *****ieMe,

As before, the printer made all the right noises and movements, but the only thing that printed was the four-colour Microsoft logo in the A4 upper left-hand corner.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.

Can you do the following please

1. Make sure that the printer is turned on.

2. Open the Paper Output Tray.
Open the Paper Output Tray gently.

3. Open the Output Tray Extension.

4. Select Settings on the HOME screen, then press the OK button.
The Settings screen is displayed.

5. Select Maintenance, then press the OK button.
The Maintenance screen is displayed.

6. Select Bottom plate cleaning, then press the OK button.
The confirmation screen is displayed.

7. Select Yes, then press the OK button.

8. Remove any paper from the Rear Tray, follow the on-screen instructions.

9. Fold a single sheet of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper in half widthwise, then unfold the paper, follow the on-screen instructions.

10. Load this and only this sheet of paper on the Rear Tray with the open side facing to the front, follow the on-screen instructions.

(A) Load the paper after unfolding it.

The paper cleans the inside of the machine as it feeds through the machine.

Check the folded part of the ejected paper. If it is smudged with ink, perform Bottom Plate Cleaning again.

Once done, try to print and let me know the results please.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear *****ieMe,

Thank you for your instructions.

In a short time I have another appointment.

Tomorrow I shall begin your instructions. These, of course, I must follow from my screen at the other side of the room, because I cannot print anything.

Then I will get back to you. Do I do this via your emails?

For now, I thank you.

Fred Price

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Fred,

Just reply here tomorrow please if you still have problems after doing this.

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Of course: contact tomorrow.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Tuesday morning

Dear *****ieMe,

I followed your instructions to clean the back tray.

The results were the same as before: all the corrects movements and sounds, but nothing printed except a yellow highlight and a blue email address: no standard black text whatsoever.

Now what?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Fred

It is the printhead that has faulted. We have now confirmed this by ruling out all other causes

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear *****ieMe,

I thank you.

The printer is out of warranty.

I wonder what ought to replace it.

Fred

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Any repair store can source and replace the Print Head for you Fred, just get a quote on the price first, as the cost can exceed the value of the printer, so you will want to first judge if it is economically feasible to have it repaired, or purchase a replacement printer.

If you would like any additional information, please feel free to ask.

Richard, Camera Repair
Experience: Camera Repairman